- dudes: "all men watch porn just get used to it"
- dudes: "men just have stronger sex drives than women, its just biology"
- dudes: "we can't help objectifying women, its in our dna"
- feminists: "rape happens a lot in our society and most are perpetrated by men, towards women, and i can't tell the difference between safe men and dangerous men just by looking so i tend to be wary of men sometimes"
- dudes: "NOW WAIT JUST A FUCKIN SECOND HOW CAN YOU GENERALIZE ALL MEN THATS SO UNFAIR"
What is striking is that my son’s romantic thoughts and feelings toward a gay male character do raise eyebrows. People worry about it being too adult and wonder what my son could possibly know about sex. But these are never things we worry about when little girls want to be Cinderella. A little girl of that age would be humored if she said Prince Charming was her boyfriend. There would be no raised eyebrows and no pointed looks. And no one would think it was about sex. It would just be a little girl doing her little-girl thing. It is only ignorance and prejudice that keep people from thinking the same thing about my son. He’s just a little boy doing his little-boy thing.